What a mighty God we serve! I am walking today is His “Amazing Grace” and ecstatic at the truth of His Word working in each of our lives today. I want to dive into His Word with you today and savor the sweetness of His mercies in our lives. It’s better than even the darkest chocolate! (Even better than Green & Black's Organic 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate. . . to be specific.)
Reverence in Heart, Part 5
“Do I recognize and honor the covenant made with my husband before God?”
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5, Psalm 61:5 and 8
I would like to focus on Matthew 19:6 this morning.
“Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6 NKJV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Today’s devotional will be going down a different path than we have gone before. Today I will be asking you all to complete a Challenge Project & then to begin memorizing the Memory Verse for the upcoming week. (No worries, I am asking this of myself as well.)
This week’s Challenge Project goes hand-in-hand with our devotional thought.
Challenge Project #1:
“Review Your Wedding Vows
• Write out your wedding vows. If you do not remember your vows, try to find them or copy one. (Try the internet or email Sister Mac for ideas)
• Write down specific ways in which you are fulfilling each portion of your vows.
• Write down specific ways in which you are failing to fulfill your vows.
• Pray over these lists and repent of your failings.
• Make a list of specific actions you can take to more faithfully fulfill your vows.
• With God’s help, put these actions into practice.
• Renew your vows with your husband. This can be a simple confession of your failings and a verbal commitment to better serve your husband. You could also make the renewal of vows more formal or memorable with a special meal or surprise date.”
“Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”
Commit this scripture to memory during the course of this week, asking the Lord to plant His Word deep in your heart.
Join our devotional tomorrow as we begin to wrap up our Reverence in Heart check-up with a look at fulfilling our role as helper, seeking to submit as Christ did and evaluating our attitude toward our own husband.
In Christ’s service,
(a.k.a. Joyful Socks Mom)
• All quotes in italics are taken directly from the book As Unto The Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.”