So, have you seen all the fabulous photos of beautiful salads-in-a-jar that have been all over Pinterest? I'm here to testify that they are as beautiful as the pictures and it ACTUALLY DOES WORK!
The concept is really simple. You build your salad in a "Mason-style" jar. Always put your dressing at the bottom of the jar to keep the lettuce from getting soggy. Layer your meat and vegetables next, and then lettuce, cheese or garnish on top. Close your jar and keep crisp in the refrigerator overnight or two. When you are ready to eat, just shake it up and pour out on your plate. This method works great for just about every salad you can conjure.
|These are the salads I built this morning |
for the Co-op Teachers.
1. Oriental Chicken Salad - Love this salad! (Substitution: We don't use chow mien noodles. Instead I fry up rice noodles in coconut oil and use that as the garnish.)
2. Turkey Chef Salad - Our basic romaine salad with cheddar, hard boiled egg, sliced turkey and ranch (made with yogurt).
3. Chicken Caesar Salad - Just your garden variety Caesar Salad with grilled chicken and this healthier dressing.
4. Spinach Salad - We just throw your basics together: mushrooms, spinach, cheddar, purple onions, hard boiled egg, turkey bacon bits and this fabulous Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
5. Taco Salad - Simple Taco Salad with no carbs. The kids and hubby can just add a few chips at the top. We also use plain yogurt and salsa to garnish our salad.
6. Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
7. Blackened Tilapia Salad - Better than Cotton Patch Cafe!
8. Norwegian Salmon Salad - Great summer time cool down salad.
9. Chicken Salad with Tomato (Substitution: We use Greek or Plain Yogurt, no dressing or mayo.)
10. Avocado & Corn Salad + we add grilled chicken to ours.
Hope you enjoy shaking up a few Mason jars too!
The Joyful Socks Mom
Where we are at?
- Notebooking Success is the #1 Notebook Resource! This teacher gives this eBook an A+
- No "falling" behind on Homeschool organizing! Get the Weekly Homeschool Planner today!
- Bright Ideas Press - The curriculum that Moms Love! Home of the Mystery of History.