I know it certainly doesn't "look" like the most kid-friendly appetizer, but if you get those little hands helping in the kitchen you maybe surprised at the results.
- Slice Zucchini in half and then slice thinly vertically to make a "base" for your bruschetta.
- Lightly coat both sides of the zucchini with oil (we use extra virgin coconut oil, warmed a little).
- Slice Roma tomatoes as pictured above. Chop garlic.
- Prepare mozzarella by slicing or grating (you will see in the picture below that the Bug chose to use her mozzarella sticks).
- Stack the zucchini on a baking sheet with garlic, tomato, leaf of basil and mozzarella to top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or side-dish.
Happy Whole-Food Cooking!
The Joyful Socks Mom