After some discussion we both decided that a trip to a local art museum would be a great homeschool field trip. The Scout needed to visit an art museum for a Boy Scout Merit Badge and I needed the kids to review some European Art for enrichment to our Harmony Fine Arts curriculum. Win, win!
Well . . .
Mommy's way of doing the museum:
|Weeping Willow by: Claude Monet|
- The Kimbell Art Museum - European Artists Collection
- Complete four notebooking page Scavenger Hunt & Artist page, along with scetches of student's favorite works
- Return to mom completed for a test grade
Sounds simple enough. Right?
- The Modern Art Museum
- Lots of engaged discussion
- Tons of interacting with the art
- Documenting their journey on camera
So, was dad's way wrong? Nope! Not a bit. As a matter of fact, the kids have been chatting my ear off about their trip & I bet you a million they learned much more doing it dad's way.
Am I so blessed to have such an amazingly engaged, extra handsome home educating father for my children, or what!?!
P.S. They went to the Kimbell Art Museum and completed mommy's assignments first . . . then they went and did art dad's way.
My vote? Dad should now be in charge of field trips! Anyone second that motion?
Home Educating with Joy!
The Joyful Socks Mom