|PHOTO CREDIT via Comfight.com cc|
~ Author Unkown
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Reflecting on the week with joy; come good, bad, or indifferent . . .
This week has been full of prayer and reflection. I tend to get introspective this time of the year. Perhaps this is caused by the constant warm-cold-in-out of Texas weather. When it comes to weather in Texas, you just have to be flexible sister.
How our school week went . . .
We had a what I lovingly dub a homeschool-lite week. The children spent most of their academic hours reading or working on their history projects. Each of the kids will be entering multiple entries in our local Texas Independence Day Festival coming up next week. Here is a sneak peek:
|The Alamo: by the Squeaker, 14 yo|
I have been reading as much as possible during the week. This is essential for me. Reading feeds me, and helps me to maintain a more positive outlook.
Charlotte Mason: Original Homeschool Series, Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead & Freeze Cookbook, Abigail & John: Portrait of a Marriage & A Charlotte Mason Companion
|Won my copy on Simple Homeschool - Thank you!|
One Bite at a Time
This book is a great motivator for me during this season. The book is broken down into small projects created to help you reach a simpler lifestyle. Oh, yes please! Do you know how easily this mommy can make things too complicated and "gum-up" the works? Think Speedy Gonzales fast!
The Squeaker: Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, The Outsiders, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda (NOT BAD for a dyslexic kid!)
The Scout: The Spy & The Secret of the Fortune Wookie
The Bug: The Rover Boys on the River, True Tales of Animal Heroes, The Bible (she's trying to do a read-through this year), Fudge-a-mania
Mom projects that I tackled this week . . .
- This was my most exciting week for accomplishing some projects! I officially have a "writing" mentor and she is helping me stay accountable to my writing goals, and checking my progress. I NEED THIS. I worked on two of my upcoming eBooks, began an article and posted on this blog (my goal is 4 posts a week).
- Cleaned out the garden & flower beds for some spring planting. Cross my fingers . . .
What I'm Eating?
Gluten Free, mostly Dairy Free, Clean-eating, whole foods . . . having major issues maintaining this when I am out of the house. Lock me up food-police!
Here are the posts I enjoyed this week . . .
- How to know if a relationship is sacred, great thoughts from Amy Oscar
- Navigating the Road from Teen to Adult from my super best In-Real-Life friend and blogging guru, Smockity Frocks
- Here is some help on Motivating Reluctant Readers, at Death by Great Wall
- Here's some fun Nature Study Monday . . . Rocks from the lovely Amy at Fisher Academy
- Great reminder on First Things First from the ever-steady awesome mom at Steady Mom
Joyfully Learning with You,
The Joyful Socks Mom
* This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full statement of disclosure here. Thank you for your support.
HERE are other blog posts you might enjoy: