|ORIGINAL PHOTO CREDIT via Compfight.com cc|
- Historically significant individuals
- Held openly Christian values & actions that matched those values (does this mean there were perfect, no, of course not)
- Humbly served to better their society and world
To start us off, I have appropriately chosen February's hero, George Washington.
Mini - Unit:
- George Washington's Story (This link will lead you to another page on this blog, with a wonderful excerpt from D.H. Montgomery's book a Beginner's History of America)
- Here is a fun Virtual Tour of Mount Vernon, George & Martha's Home
- Fun & interactive Washington's World for Kids
|PHOTO CREDIT via Compfight.com cc|
- Hear straight from Mr. President: George Washington's Diaries
- Timeline of George Washington's Life
- Interesting article about George Washington's Gristmill, also includes a recipe for Hoe Cakes
- Fun ideas for having a George Washington Celebration (I say minus the cherries . . .it just isn't a true story. Just sayin').
- Famous of artwork of George Washington
Who is your favorite president?
Joyfully Learning Alongside You,
The Joyful Socks Mom
HERE are other blog posts you might enjoy: