Well sister, if you were looking for perfection, you came to the wrong blog!
To quote my most entertaining dad, "Somethin' just ain't quite right about that girl. Boy howdy, I know that's right." ;)
He means it in the sweetest way possible, promise.
So, as I am encouraging you all to "RISE UP" to the challenge of homeschooling with a Christ-centered focus, let me be completely transparent about my epic fails in my own efforts. Here are some reasons my life has not been homeschool picture perfect this week:
- Truly, I am the learn by-the-seat-of-my-
pantsskirt, wait till the last minute, oops-I said I would take care of that, homeschool friend at times. This week, no exception!
- My life is hectic at times (I know, you are saying, "like who's isn't?"). It takes a huge effort and all the grace that Jesus can bestow upon me to keep my mouth shut & just do what is kind. Had more than one hiccup with that this week.
- My husband was ill with the stomach flu this week (yuck * I do not recommend). Bless his heart, it was bad. He gave me some lovely flowers to say thanks. . . I probably didn't deserve them. You know how "we wives" can feel about husbands whining when ill? Yep, that was me . . . in secret.
- I had a mild temper flareup when my new hand crank grinder showed up at my door without any instructions. My handyman (hubby) was sick and I had to ACTUALLY wait 24 hours for it to be fixed. Not a big deal, right? Don't worry, I took it out on my prayer walk. Silly.
- I slept late on Monday. Breakfast was WAY off schedule at 9:15 am and I did not get my lesson plans finished.
So, there you have it. Nothing tragic. Less than perfect. Still in one piece. Living on grace for the remainder of the week . . . and the rest of my life.
I am hanging on to the lovely words of Roxanne Parks, "Whatever the question is, Jesus is the answer."
Prayers for all of my sisters. Hoping you experience a joyful (even if it may be less than picture perfect) homeschool journey this week.
Joyfully Learning with You,
The Joyful Socks Mom
HERE are other blog posts you might enjoy: