You are reading 10 Tips For Using Your 3-D Drawing Pen posted by Heather Mac, published originally at Joyful Socks Mom blog.
** This post is a sponsored post for AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen, as part of my affiliation with iHomeshool Network. In order to review this product, I received this product complimentary, and am compensated for my time. All opinions in this post are mine, and I was not required to post a positive review. Thank you for your support. You can read my full disclosure policy here.**
What if I said there is a new quality tool that is economical yet fascinating for art loving kids & adults in your home. The same tool would also double as a unique toy for the techie in your family, as well. I venture to say, for myself at least, my interest is totally piqued.
|The first creations from the kids using their new 3-D Drawing Pen.|
Let's be honest… There's not a single homeschool mom out there that probably wouldn't pass down the opportunity to add little more hands-on, unique fun during learning time...including this one! The AtmoseFlare 3-D Drawing Pen has certainly been an exciting addition to our home education resources, for both the kids and myself.
|Getting some good practice with the new 3-D Drawing Pen.|
Why Is The AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen Great For Your Homeschool?
•Getting a Little Techie - Our homeschool is not typically on the "cutting edge" of technology (being Charlotte Mason learners), so finding this affordable and unique tool is an exciting exciting opportunity to up the technology game.
•Add a Pinch of the Creative - This one little tool instantly boosted creativity levels in each of my kids. Each of my children are different in the way they think and learn, therefore; finding one tool that piques interest for all is a total score!
•Let's Get Working With Our Hands - Using this pen was especially helpful for adding a hands-on element to our learning, which can be difficult at the Junior High/ High School stage that we are at.
I was excited to find the AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen most reasonably priced at $29.99 for the start-up set which includes:
1 - AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen
1 - Red Ink Refill Cartridge
1 - Blue Ink Refill Cartridge
1 - AA Battery
You can also purchase additional ink refill cartridges for your 3-D Drawing Pen in a variety of colors (red, light pink, pink, orange yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, black, gray and white) for $5.99 per cartridge. They are available online at AtmosFlare and also at your local Best Buy and Toys-R-Us retailers.
Now that we are a bit more practiced at using our new tool, here are a few things we learned ...
Tips For Using Your 3-D Drawing Pen
1. Take the time to learn about using your 3-D drawing pen in advance. Especially with children, or adults (hint, hint, wink, wink) ... who may have perfectionist tendencies. The more you know about how to best utilize your newest our art tool, the more fun you will have with it later. There are great tips online at the AtmosFlare Getting Started page.
|Practice, Practice, Practice with our 3-D Pen. The Geek Bug loved doing swirls.|
2. Give yourself time to get a handle on using this tool. Have fun and don't expect to be the "Degas" of the 3-D Drawing Pen sculpture scene overnight.
3. Be certain that you have thought your projects out in advance. Going through ink cartridges on these nifty 3-D Drawing Pens can sneak up on you, so you may want to order extra. Planning ahead is key in life, so utilize some time to help your kids learn to plan ahead. You can also snag ink cartridge refills at Toys-R-Us or Best Buy retailers, and of course, on the AtmosFlare website.
|Using the AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen is serious business for the Who Scout.|
4. Apply enough pressure to the ink cartridge to obtain proper ink flow seemed to be a common problem while we practiced with our AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen. Keep good, even and slightly heavy pressure on your ink cartridge while using your pen. This step took the longest for my youngest child to master...but she kept at it and really enjoyed herself.
5. Keep your AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen in a straight upright position while in use. My kids and I, both, automatically used our normal "pencil hold", this caused problems with our pen drying the ink too quickly.
|The Squeaker, as a left handed person, had to practice a bit||more.|
6. When you begin using your 3-D Drawing Pen it is typically better to start drawing and then turn on your light. Otherwise your ink may dry too quickly and clog your applicator tip.
7. Remember that the techie little lights on your Pen are doing the drying and "curing" of the ink as you draw. Simply using the ink and waiting for it to dry will not work. Fact.
8. Be sure to use the cap provided when you are not using your AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen. The ink can easily drip from the container. Experience speaking here!
9. Experiment with your 3-D Drawing Pen by using your new tool to make different kinds of art, not just sculpture (although that is what the pen is intended for) ... which can be a little tricky at first. Hey, we are homeschoolers, live a little. I personally found using the pen to enhance my mixed media art was super fun.
|Here is mommy's mixed media creation, a few bookish roses from Gallifrey! Do we have any Whovians in the house?|
10. Use your 3-D Drawing Pen to enrich your homeschool lessons, while adding a flare of technology and creativity! Here are some awesome ideas for using your 3-D Drawing Pen from other moms:
- Be sure to check-out this awesome 3-D Drawing Pen Mixed Media tutorial from my friend Alicia!
- Susan and her kids have a couple of quick tutorials on sculpting a tree and also a princess crown. Drawing With A 3-D Pen.
Keep up with the innovative folks at AtmosFlare!
Here is your chance to get your hands on a New AtmosFlare 3-D Drawing Pen.
AtmosFlare is giving away their 3-D Drawing Pen to 30 winners!!